Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Holiday Memory

My plan for gifts this year is all homemade. I started making cookies and freezing them before Thanksgiving. So on Thursday I finishing them all up. I started baking and frosting at 8am. By the time I finished my part it was 5 o'clock. I was so tired my feet hurt just ready to pass out on the couch. But I wasn't done yet. It was time to bake sugar cookies with Elijah and Jaidon. They were so excited, they had been waiting all day to do this. They each had a rolling pin and rolled as hard as they could to make the dough flat. Elijah was really good at using the cookie cutters and making sure that each one was spaced out. Jaidon on the other hand just went to town stamping out the cookies. He had stars mixed in with trees, angels wings on Santa's foot. That's the great thing about cookies you can roll it out and start all over again. While the cookies where drying we all made french bread pizza. They were so excited to be "cooking for real". They spread the pizza sauce on the bread and put all there own toppings and on and Elijah put the pizzas in the oven. As they were cooking we looked out side and it had started to snow. The boys grabbed their coats and ran out side. Elijah showed Jaidon how to make a snow ball and hit mommy. (Jaidon thought it was so funny) We came back in ate our pizzas and got to decorating the cookies. We had a mess every where! I never said a word just let the boys decorate how ever they wanted to. I enjoyed just standing there watching them. It was so nice and peaceful that I didn't dare get my camera and ruin the moment. They helped each other and laughed together. Elijah told me this is the best time ever to which Jaidon replied "oh yeah it is". That time with them meant so much to me especially with William gone. We were just able to enjoy being together. I seem to get distracted when William is gone with all the little things that need to be done. But little things can wait my boys can not. I'll always cherish this memory.

1 comment:

HeltonTexas said...

you made a good memory!!!!
That is wonderful.

Happy Christmas to you all!!!